TEACHING AND SPEAKING
we are for hire to teach or speak on various subjects for birthworkers, conferences, teens, and special events
TEACHING & SPEAKING
michele/misha is available for hire to teach or speak on various subjects for birthworkers, conferences, teens, and special events. fees per hour or event with a discount for BIPOC/Queer audiences/students
TOPICS CAN INCLUDE
- Skills Workshops for Birthworkers
- Queer/Gender-Diverse Cultural Competency for Birthworkers
- Being a Body/Fat & Sex-Positive Healthcare Practice
- Inclusive Sex & Sexuality Classes
- In-Depth Placenta Study Workshop
- Labour Progress Without Exams
- Non-Pharmacological Management of Hemorrhage
- Herbs for the Childbearing Year
- So You Want to be a Midwife (in PA)
RATES FOR CLASSES/WORKSHOPS AND SPEAKING
For most speaking only events, Michele charges an hourly rate of $100/hr for general audiences and $75/hr for audiences that are comprised of 60% or more BIPOC, Queer, & Gender-Diverse members.
Fees for classes & workshops vary based on topic, materials, and the number of students enrolled, but generally speaking, they run $125/student for a 4hr class/workshop with discounts and scholarships available for BIPOC/Q/T/GNC students.
When travelling to speak or present a class/workshop, in addition to the hourly or per-student rate, Michele charges $100/day of travel by car that is farther than 4hrs and a $200/day stipend for meals & hotel costs (alternatively an organiser or student/attendant can provide free room & board for Michele).
SEX AND SEXUALITY CLASSES
Michele/Misha is an independent Sex & Sexuality Educator. Their classes are inclusive of queer & gender-diverse people, body-positive, fat-positive, sex-positive, evidence-informed, and NOT abstinence-only. Misha currently has a class series for teens aged 12-17. They are working on three additional series for children aged 6-11, children aged 3-5, and adults/parents aged 18+.
Previously, these classes were paid for by students/parents and moving forward, Misha hopes to have the class series for minors completely paid for via private and/or public funding, assuring that our youth are able to get the information that they need regarding, self-worth, safer sex, toxic relationships, puberty, menstrual cycle charting, pregnancy, sex & politics, and consent.
If you have a group of teens that you'd like Misha to come and teach sex & sexuality education to, please contact us. Misha prefers to cap the class at 15 students with at least 3 slots tuition-free for BIPOC/Q/T students (to be paid for by the hiring person/organisation). The cost per student is typically $75-$150, depending on the length & depth of classes. We can tailor classes to your specific needs.
PRIVATE SEX AND SEXUALITY CLASSES
If there is no group class option currently or you think a private, one-on-one style class would be a better fit, Misha can accommodate you.
How it works:
- set a date/time for 1hr Zoom and pay the $45 fee. No refund for no-call/no-show.
- provide Misha with a list of your top 5 questions/areas of interest/hypothetical scenarios at least 1 week before Zoom.
- Misha will create tailored slides & a presentation based on the list provided.
- Misha will email the student slides and any additional info/resources within 72hrs after the Zoom meeting.